Archives > Coppell Gazette > News
Kid Country Phase II construction to begin
By Dan Eakin, email@example.com
Because of the generosity of Coppell residents in exceeding the amount of donations for the Kid Country 2012 project, Kid Country Phase II will soon get under way.
Ed Guignon and Jack Clark, who with Neil Bales had co-chaired the Kid Country 2012 project, told the Coppell City Council at a Feb. 26 workshop that five components are planned for Phase II, including at least one pavilion.
“Phase 1 of Kid Country cost about $500,000,” Guignon explained. “We exceeded our fundraising target and raised about $610,000. This will allow us to continue with Phase II of Kid Country.”
1. A new 44' x 22' picnic pavilion within Kid Country. This will provide a shelter to be used for birthday parties, school events, or family gathering areas.
2. A new fence around the entire Kid Country playground perimeter. This provides additional spaces for engraved pickets. So far over 1200 engraved pickets have been ordered by donors.
3. New landscaping at the entrance to Kid Country.
4. Metal sponsor recognition plates on each of the playground components
5. Engraved Sponsor recognition plates on the front wall of the Playground.
Construction of the new Pavilion will begin in late April or early May. Guignon said it should be completed in about three weeks.
“We are absolutely still taking donations and have created an ongoing non-profit called Friends of Kid Country to manage future donations,” Guignon said. “We need the extra donations for a possible second, smaller pavilion in Kid Country; for ongoing maintenance of the park and for a possible addition of new playground components.
Those who donate $500 or more toward any of the projects will have their name listed on the front donor wall.
To donate, go to www.kidcountry2012.com or email "EdG@kidcountry2012.com"
In no way do they represent the view of Starlocalnews.com
Only your Member ID will be posted with the comments.
Become a Registered User